Schererville Truck Accident Attorney
Delivery trucks are everywhere. Now more than ever, we’re ordering the consumer goods we need and want online and having them delivered directly to our doors. While this is extremely convenient for everyone involved, this uptick in delivery trucks on both highways and residential streets is increasing the chances for delivery truck accidents. If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident, consulting with an experienced Schererville truck accident attorney can help you understand your options. Contact the offices of Tanzillo Stassin & Babcock, P.C., to learn how you may be able to recover compensation after a truck accident.
Truck Driver Negligence
Delivery truck drivers may be busier than ever, and this can translate to an increase in dangerous accidents. Such accidents are often caused by truck driver negligence, which can include:
- Distraction – In order to drive safely, every driver must pay his or her undivided attention to the job at hand. When a delivery truck driver is distracted by anything other than operating his or her truck safely, exceedingly dangerous accidents can ensue. Delivery drivers are required to locate the correct addresses, park safely, pull in and out of traffic repeatedly, and much more, and there is absolutely no room in this equation for dangerous distractions such as smartphone usage (the most dangerous and prevalent distraction out there) or any other kind of distraction. Ultimately, even a delivery driver’s mono-focus on getting the packages delivered can hinder his or her ability to maneuver safely through our neighborhoods.
- Exhaustion – Again, delivery drivers are in more demand than ever, and many are being pushed beyond the bounds of safe driving. These delivery drivers are professional drivers who are governed by strict hours-of-service restrictions (put in place to help keep our roads safer for everyone), and when they fail to adhere to these restrictions, they make dangerous accidents that much more likely.
- Speed – Speed is the driving practice that’s most closely associated with deadly traffic accidents. When delivery truck drivers exceed the posted speed limit in residential neighborhoods, they not only endanger other motorists on the roads but also the pedestrians and bicyclists who are often out in force (and who are often children).
Other Contributing Factors
In addition to negligent delivery truck drivers, other factors can contribute to dangerous accidents, such as:
- Trucking companies that fail to maintain their fleet in safe working order; that fail to conduct regular, mandatory safety inspections; and/or that fail to hire safe delivery truck drivers who have the necessary experience and credentials in the first place.
- Truck and/or truck-part manufacturers that produce faulty, unsafe products.
- Municipalities that fail to keep roads in a safe condition – with the appropriate traffic signs and signals.
An Experienced NWI Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Delivery truck accidents are exceedingly dangerous accidents, and if you’ve been so injured, the dedicated Schererville truck accident attorneys at Tanzillo Stassin & Babcock, P.C., are here to help. Our formidable legal team has extensive experience successfully guiding cases like yours toward their best possible resolutions.
We care about your case, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information today.