Munster Car Accident Attorney
If you’ve been in a car accident in Munster, Indiana, you’re probably overwhelmed with insurance paperwork, copies of the police report, medical bills, and a heap of transportation problems without your car being in working order. Dealing with all these minutiae is exhausting, which is why so many auto insurance companies can lure accident victims without lawyers into accepting the first settlement offer given. It is a light at the end of the tunnel, and many car crash survivors want to focus on healing, not red tape. This is how a Munster car accident attorney can help.
Hiring a Munster Car Accident Lawyer Pays For Itself
Did you know that 91% of those who were injured in accidents and had legal representation received a settlement? More importantly, did you know that people who didn’t hire lawyers to represent them after their accidents received a settlement only about half of the time? People who are concerned about paying an attorney should consider that they might end up with more in the end – even after legal fees.
What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
Other than bringing in a much higher average settlement, a car accident attorney’s first impact is generally relieving your stress.
Before Filing Your Case
- Inform you of your rights and post-accident standard procedures (like understanding who typically pays for what)
- Gather necessary medical records and bills, police reports, insurance policy fine print, and other evidence
- Draft a letter to your auto insurance company stating what you are demanding for a settlement based on the evidence available
During Your Case
- Other than filing a lawsuit on your behalf if the insurance company does not agree to your proposed settlement, your attorney will handle everything so that you don’t even have to deal with phone calls or correspondence from the hospital or insurer.
- If, after receiving your lawsuit, the insurance company still wants to fight, that is exactly what your car accident lawyer will do – investigating, researching, and gathering witness statements.
- It’s common for medical researchers or car accident specialists to provide expert testimony for car accident cases. Your lawyer will locate and hire the right experts to establish the facts of your case beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Your legal team may opt for a mediation session with the insurance company to see if they can reach an agreement without risking the uncertainty of a jury trial.
After Your Case
- Your attorney will receive your settlement check on your behalf. Your legal team can take care of paying off your medical and other debts before sending you your part, if you like.
- If your case settles, the insurance company will no doubt ask you to sign a Release of Liability form, which states that you can not sue them again in the future for this same accident. It’s crucial to have an experienced car accident lawyer review that document before you sign it.
Reach Out to a Munster Car Accident Attorney Right Away
The sooner you get a lawyer on your side, advocating your rights and showing the insurance company that you mean business, the better. Please contact Tanzillo Stassin & Babcock today for a free consultation.