Crown Point Auto Accident Lawyers
Car accidents are exceptionally dangerous, expensive, and traumatic accidents. When negligent motorists put their responsibility to drive safely aside, they simultaneously put everyone else on the road at an increased risk of being injured in a traffic accident.
If another motorist’s negligence causes you or someone you love to be injured in a car accident, you shouldn’t wait to consult with experienced Crown Point auto accident lawyers.
Driver Negligence Can Take Many Forms
Car accidents are often caused by driver negligence, and this negligence can take many, many dangerous forms, including:
- Distraction – When you get behind the wheel, you focus your attention on the road ahead and the traffic all around. Distracted drivers, however, allow their attention to stray from this important task, and smartphone usage is the biggest and most dangerous distraction out there. When a driver is writing or reading a text, he or she is basically driving blind, which is a terrifying thought and a life-threatening practice.
- Impairment – When a motorist is impaired, he or she experiences any number of physical and cognitive effects, and driving safely takes a definite hit. Impairment is closely associated with some of the deadliest car crashes out there.
- Exhaustion – Many motorists who wouldn’t dream of getting behind the wheel while impaired think nothing of doing so while drowsy. The truth is that drowsy drivers experienced many of the same safety concerns that impaired drivers do, and they make our roadways less safe.
- Excess Speed – Speed plays far too large a role in far too many car accidents, and motorists who choose to disregard the posted speed limit – or to drive too fast in relation to the road’s condition and to the effects of inclement weather on the road – are dangerous drivers who put us all at increased risk.
- Aggression – The hallmark of aggressive driving is maniacal speeding, but this is far from the end of the story. Aggressive drivers tend to engage in multiple dangerous driving practices in any given stretch of driving, and these dangerous practices can include anything from zipping in and out of traffic to tailgating; honking incessantly; attempting to engage other drivers via obscene or otherwise offensive hand gestures, comments, or actions; stopping suddenly for no reason; passing illegally; and much, much more. Aggressive drivers take negligence to a new level of danger and should be avoided at all costs. If you’re sharing the road with a dangerously aggressive driver, allow him or her as much space as you possibly can – and alert the authorities when you are able to do so safely.
Experienced Crown Point Auto Accident Lawyers Can Help
If another driver’s negligence leaves you injured, our formidable Crown Point auto accident lawyers at Tanzillo Stassin & Babcock, P.C., have impressive reserves of experience guiding cases like yours toward optimal resolutions. Our resourceful legal team’s focus is skillfully advocating for compensation that covers your full range of damages, so please don’t wait to contact us for more information today.