Car Accidents Attorney Griffith
No one plans on getting in a car accident. And when it happens, you suddenly have a lot on your plate. The physical and emotional impact of the wreck can take a toll on you, but having a skilled car accident attorney in Griffith on your side can relieve some of the burden.
If you’ve been involved in an auto accident recently, you likely are dealing with property damage, physical injuries, and perhaps emotional suffering. On top of that, you may be facing medical costs, insurance issues, and other expenses.
The process can feel overwhelming, but you should know you don’t have to go through it all by yourself. Let a skilled car accidents attorney from Tanzillo Stassin & Babcock work with you to get you the results you deserve.
How a Griffith Car Accidents Attorney Can Help You
When you begin working with one of our Griffith car accident attorneys, we can immediately open an investigation into your accident. We’ll work to acquire and preserve evidence and build a compelling case to pursue compensation for your injuries.
There are several ways we’ll investigate your accident, including:
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Examining the accident scene
- Taking pictures of your vehicle and the scene of the accident
- Acquiring any photos or video of the accident
- Analyze evidence
- Keep a detailed record of facts.
If you’ve recently sustained injuries from a car or truck accident, we recommend you contact an auto accident attorney soon before photographs are lost, video is recorded over, and witnesses’ memories fade.
Types of Compensation Available for Your Accident
If you suffered injuries and property damage to your car in an accident for which you are not at fault, you have the right to be compensated for your damages. To that end, there are two types of damages you might be entitled to: economic damages and non-economic damages.
These are damages that have a specific monetary value, such as:
- Property damage: The insurance company for the at-fault driver may be held responsible for covering repair costs for your vehicle or replacement costs if your vehicle can not be repaired.
- Current and future medical expenses: Expenses related to your injuries range from ambulance transport and hospital stays to surgeries and physical rehabilitation. Your accident attorney will depend on the guidance of medical experts and professionals to determine the medical extent of damages that need to be accounted for in your compensation claim.
- Loss of wages: This includes the loss of wages now and in the future. You may only be able to return to work on a limited basis, or you may be unable to return at all. In either instance, you are entitled to compensation for the income you no longer have.
As its name implies, these damages do not have a specific dollar value. Typically, they relate more to the mental and emotional effects brought about by the accident. Here are a couple of examples of non-economic damages:
- Pain and suffering: This provision refers to any physical pain and discomfort you may be feeling as a result of your injuries both now and in the future.
- Loss of joy in life: The loss of life’s pleasures are a common type of damage many accident victims claim that simply means you suffer from an inability to experience joy and as you did before you were injured. You may be unable to enjoy life – such as playing golf or playing with your children – due to chronic pain or physical limitations.
Get Immediate Help From a Car Accident Attorney in Griffith
If you’ve been impacted by an auto accident, our experienced attorneys may be able to help. We’ve helped hundreds of clients in Northwest Indiana and Griffith get the results they deserve. Contact our office now to schedule a free, no-commitment consultation to review your case.