Auto Accident Lawyer Schererville
Car accidents are a leading cause of accidental death in this country, and they are often caused by negligence on the part of other drivers. The losses you experience in relation to a serious car accident can set the stage for a challenging path forward, but an experienced auto accident lawyer in Schererville can help.
Driver Negligence Takes Many Different Forms
When you think about driver negligence, motorists who fail to follow the rules of the road may come to mind. While this practice is, indeed, dangerous, driver negligence comes in an array of deadly forms, including:
- Speeding excessively
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Aggressive driving
- Impaired driving
Drivers who engage in these forms of negligence put everyone else on the road at far greater risk.
Identifying Your Losses
In order to recover fully from the losses you experience in a car accident, it’s important to clearly identify them as they relate to each of the following covered categories:
- Property damage to your car
- Medical bills, including those related to future expenses
- Lost earnings, including lost earning potential
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Your dedicated auto accident lawyer will ensure that your claim highlights every category of your losses in their entirety – in focused pursuit of just compensation that allows you to reach your most complete recovery.
Negotiating with the Insurance Company
You will file your car accident claim with the other driver’s car insurance provider, and in the process, there are certain things you can expect, including:
- The insurance company will want you to make a statement, but – because the insurance rep is skilled at eliciting damaging statements – you are better off leaving this to your skilled attorney.
- The insurance company will be watching your social media posts for any hint that can be used against your claim. Staying off social media is well advised.
- The insurance company is heavily invested in keeping your settlement as low as possible, which makes deferring to your attorney’s honed negotiation skills well advised.
- The insurance company may offer you an early settlement, but it’s very likely to be for far less than your claim is actually worth.
- The insurance company may engage in antics such as attempting to shift negligence in the matter toward you, denying the extent of your losses, stalling or overly complicating the process, and more. Leaving the insurance company in the capable hands of your auto accident lawyer is always in your best interest.
Don’t Wait to Consult with an Experienced Auto Accident Lawyer in Schererville Today
If you have been injured as a result of another driver’s negligence, protecting your rights in pursuit of your rightful compensation is paramount. The accomplished auto accident lawyers at Tanzillo Stassin & Babcock, P.C., in Schererville, Indiana, recognize how serious your situation is and dedicate their impressive practice to skillfully advocating for your claim’s best possible resolution. We are on your side and here to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information today.